Sunday, September 13, 2009

Candles, Candles, Candles

I am officially burried in candles at this point! I made about 100 jar candles and probably 3 times as many votives a few weeks ago. These were all paraffin, and made in about 25 different scents.
I took them down to Croy Creek, by the way if you like flea markets and have never been, you really should take the opportunity to stop by there! We camped Saturday night last week which was a lot of fun and the boys enjoyed it a lot as they had never been before. The flea market is really only Sunday morning, but the venders and a few others come in on Sat. so I had a few sales on Sat. and then when Sunday came around there was a bit of rain so not as many people were there, however I did sell some and we more than paid for our going down there. Several people seemed to want soy candles so now I have ordered stuff to make more, and yes in more scents too. I will have over 50 scents by the end of the week!!! I doubt I will get them all made before the next flea market on Sunday but we will see......
We also took Lucy, our Rott pup with us and she seemed to enjoy it. Of course we have made a habit of taking her for rides all the time when we run errands etc. so she loves to go and is so attached to Zane and I she has to be with us constantly. I had to laugh at her as she isn't even 5 mos yet and already thinks she's big and protective. She is a lover in all aspects, however one event at the flea market showed already that if needed she will be a great protector as well. She had been greeting all passerby's well all day on saturday and the other dogs as well, even though she would give the dogs this low growl/bark that didn't seem possible coming from a young pup. It was all in play though as her tail was going a mile a minute as she greeeted each dog. Some of the dogs there will make you sick to see and watch them as you can tell what kind of life they have had, one this past weekend was a Mastiff who seemed to be regularly beaten as I never once saw him not cowering and with his tail between his legs. Poor thing! Anyway, as dusk was coming on the vender next to us came by to pick up a candle and Lucy went up and greeted and recieved her petting as she had all day. The lady handed me her money and I turned and went to get her change. It was starting to get dark out and harder to see, so I am suree this played a role in Lucy's actions, when I handed the change to the woman, Lucy half lunged and growled, guess she didn't think that woman needed to be taking anything from me!!!! LOL!!!! She was a bit wary through the darker hours before we went to bed, as long as she was right next to us she was fine, but if one of us was "missing" she got rather worried!
Back to the candles, we will see if I sell more this weekend having the soy as well now. The thing I really like about Croy Creek is that there is no vender fee, just $3 a person over 10 to get in, no fee to sell or to camp, so you can make a family weekend, possibly some money, and not spend a fortune!! It isn't like a lot of flea markets I have seen either, with diabetic socks and the like at every corner. You can find all sorts of things there, any livestock you can imagine from pigeons, pigs, goats, horses, chickens, rabbbets etc..... you get the point. You can find any knick knack you would see at any other flea market as well as guns, knives, coins, etc.... If you can imagine it being at a flea market you will probably find it there. Of course there is always a fair amount of junk there as well......
I guess I will also post the scents I will now have available for sale in votive or jar type for anyone whom may be interested in buying from me. If you are interested send me an email and I will be happy to get back to you.
Amish Harvest, Apple Jack and Peel, Asian Sandlewood, Baby Powder, Banana Nut Bread, Bayberry, Black Canyon, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Blackberry Tea, Blueberry Muffin, Cabernet Grape, Caramel Apple, Casaba Mist, Cedar, Cinnamon and Balsam, Cinnamon Buns, Clean Cotton, Coconut Lime Verbena, Cool Citrus Basil, Cornucopia, Country Garden, Cranberry Apple Marmelade, Creamy Praline Pecan, Cucumber Melon, Eucalyptus Leaf, Fireside, French Vanilla and Amber, Fudge Brownie, Fresh Brewed Coffee, Genuine Leather, Georgia Peach, Gingerbread Cookies, Grandma's Swingin' Eggnog, Home for the Holidays, Juniper Breeze, Lavender, Lilac, Love Spell, Mary Jane, Midsummer Night, Moonlight Path, Mountain Lake, Ocean, Peppermint Kiss, Pink Sugar, Plumeria, Red Clove, Rose Bouquet, Spruce Christmas Tree, Strawberries and Cream, Sweet Pumpkin Spice, Tuscan Nights, Vanilla Harvest, Vanilla Mint, Warm Apple Pie, White Tea and Ginger, Wild Mountain Honey.
Whew, that seems longer when you type them all!!! Anyway there they are and for those of you who had asked about them now you know wha tI currently have. Feel free to email me too....

No comments:

Post a Comment