Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Avery

Avery Avery where to start!!!!!! How to catch up 7 almost 8 years? Wow seems like yesterday when he was born. The firstborn and most sentimental and caring of the three boys. Avery is constanly a lover and rarely a fighter except when it comes to his brothers. He frequently will retaliate on his own and definately has an "I'm older" attitude. Bossy and a tattler he is often dissappointed when things don't turn out his way as the older brother, mostly at his own faults for taking things into his own hands. He is a protecter as well the, the first to be telling exactly what happened as quickly as possible and in the most detailed way he can. Always chatty and sometimes, no most times getting on the families nerves with his constant statistics and need to tell every detail. Even though I wouldn't change it as it shows his willingness to learn everything he can soak into his young brain. A constant reader and levels ahead of his age he sometimes finds himself frustrated with the "system" holding him back from his eagerness to spring ahead into books and knowledge beyond his years. Recently as he entered the 2nd grade he came home utterly disgusted that the teacher in library wouldn't let him get a book becasuse she told him he couldn't read it as it was out of his age catagory. Having read it this past summer he had a hard time understanding this and cried to me that she was being mean. I had to take quite a long time getting him to understand most kids his age wouldn't be able to and only having been teaching him for a week and a half she had know idea where he really was in the subject and that he needed to be patient. I will also never forget when at the tender, young age of 6 he came to me interupting my shower to ask me what cancer was and for pictures of kids with cancer. Where he learned of it I have no idea to this day, but nearly two years later he is still completely facinated by it. I of course directed him to the internet as well as explaining the disease in terms I thought age appropriate. I didn't want to scare him nor cover the truth as it will likely someday hit someone close and dear to him. I had no idea that later little things he would get later would bring him to the subject often. This past summer he had a bout with ringworm and when playing with his neighborhood friends would show it to them asking if they knew what ringworm was? When they would answer no he would immediately then ask if they knew what cancer was? Then would proceed to tell them that cancer and ringworm were both diseases but ringworm wasn't as bad!!! So funny, yet not as moch as the other day when he was finding everything possible wrong with his hand in order to try to convince me to wrap it in bandaging for him. He finally found a minute cut that he decided needed washed and since it was on his palm I would not bandage it, plus I could see nothing there. So he went to the bathroom to rinse and wash it out, talking the whole time about "having found his problem and how it would be compounded if were to turn to cancer!!!!!! Oh boy!! I do hope that noone near his heart has to battle the disease before he is old enough to understand comepletely. Avery loves to spend time outside and while work isn't on his "to do list" in his mind if he is asked by me to do me a favor and jump in where needed whether it be a chore or a favor for a brother he is reluctantly quick to jump and to do it even though he doesn't want. He wants so much to be selfish and do or have what "Avery" wants, but his love and kindness usually wins out with a "I'll do it even though I don't want to mom." I am sure he will make someone a very considerate caring husband one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment